Thread: new guy

new guy

Hey,
    My name is Josh. I live in north Texas about 15 miles south of the red river.
    I have been researching renewable energy for a while now. Solar is the way to go but it is boring! Wind has my interest. I am currently working on my own build of a 10 foot 1kw turbine.
    Once it is proven out I will build more and possibly build them for other people.

Administrator
    This is the type stuff I really am looking for, guys making it happen... I am starting with this turbine because I am proving it out, solar is solid and I will be going that way too.

So I'm going to reuse an Old thread instead of starting another.

This is Romo Jack, I've made a few comments on your videos on Youtube. I live in Barbados in the Caribbean. This would be my Third year in Renewable Energy and its been an interesting learning experience my goal is 85 - 99% Off Grid because of this I'm purchasing the more higher end, high reliability products from Midnite and Outback. Been doing that over the past two years. I prefer Hybrid systems since most forms of RE aren't completely reliable. Honestly if I lived by a river I'd be doing Solar, Wind and Hydro.

Here's a pic of how far I am in my shed so far
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Administrator
    Hey Romo Jack..... Welcome sir, stick around cause your the type guy I need to learn from Your probably at some point going to tell me your average temp there is 80 degrees and it never gets colder than 70 at which point I will cry....

Love the setup, my goal is similar to yours in that I will always be connected to the Grid but I really want to make enough power to run my meter backwards enough each month to leave me with only a 20.00 connection fee....

It's all about sharing info. That's what Big Oil is afraid of.

Thread Information