Administrator

What batteries are you using?

I am using 6 Volt Trojan T-105, 4 in parallel and then two banks in series for 24 volts.

Name:  KNG_1954.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  77.1 KB

I aquired 24 2v 805ah batteries at 30 cents a lb. they are out of a cell tower battery backup system and are in like new condition.

Administrator
    The ones I have are Trojan T105 6volt

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 73superdave View Post
    I aquired 24 2v 805ah batteries at 30 cents a lb. they are out of a cell tower battery backup system and are in like new condition.
    How big are they, any pictures.. I bet they are better than what I have for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by 73superdave View Post

Would you care to share where you were able to get them from?

I am currently searching for at least 24 (qty) 2v batteries too (48 volt system). But I'm not sure where to look or who to talk to. I don't live near any big cities, where scrap yards or battery recyclers would be, but would be willing to drive there if they had something.

I tried posting some Wanted Ads on craigslist, but that was a joke and waste time.
    People kept deleting my ads, even though they didn't violate any current policies. Apparently craigslist use to ban any posts for batteries for some stupid reason.

Anyway, the search continues....

I am also looking to get 2-(qty) Freedom II MW&S turbines, which is how I found this site.
    Hope to get everything I need and get my off grid system up and running in a couple months.
    Last edited by warreng5995; 06-29-2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: it left out the quote

Administrator
    Your looking for 2v batteries? I know there are a lot of 6v for RE that folks use...

Thread Information